Southeast Asian Student Coalition (SASC) go to work! What up y’all!? YEEE!
Upset the Setup with your Asian Pacific Islander folks and Southeast Asian folks!
What it do beautiful people,
Yesterday was the November 15 Open University Strike and and Day of Action in response to the police brutality that occurred on the UC Berkeley Campus last Wednesday. (Daily Cal Article and Youtube Video) We made it a conscious decision during out API Emergency Meeting to address the issue of awareness of an API voice within the Occupy Movement community. We want to remind folks that the movement is an Asian Pacific Islander struggle as well and we’re absolutely in solidarity with what is happening during this monumental time in hystory.
On a side note: I’m glad the fabric, spray paint, wooden sticks, ribbons, markers I hustled to get this morning was put to incredible use.
I am currently on the UC Berkeley Campus in Eshleman Hall where my student organizations REACH! the Asian Pacific Islander Recruitment & Retention Center and SASC the Southeast Asian Student Coalition have a space in this sacred joint room called “515”. A lot of our organizing work gets done in this room. Not only that but this is a place where people rant about their 1st world to the struggles they personally are facing types of problems, this is a space where people take a break during that hour break between classes, a space to nap, a space to sleep (I could take a picture of my friend sleeping right now!), it is a place of community, a place of family, a place of love.
So within 515 space, I have been awake for a little over 37 hours as of 11.16.11 at 4:04AM having spent a bulk of my time these past few days organizing, eating, sleeping, napping, ranting, talking, relaxing, and so on. I’m grateful to see the hardwork my community has endured has been integral to this slow movement of progressive change.
“The days of apathy are over, folks. Once it has begun it cannot be stopped and will not be stopped.”
—Robert Reich, Mario Savio lecture at Occupy Cal General Assembly - 11/15/11
#API mobilization #API Solidarity #All Day, Err Day #Angry Asian Students #Dark Knight Problems #One Love #Isang Bagsak
P.S. Thank you Eliza Xuan Tran for taking these pictures during the movement. Hystory is preserved!
45 Notes/ Hide
- ysaizms likes this
- kevkevtuan likes this
- indaylight likes this
- zephyrites likes this
- richiiie likes this
- ayegeelee reblogged this from berzerkenny and added:
- benisa10 likes this
- sahteen likes this
- mai-morning-after likes this
- blissfulle likes this
- srlbmut likes this
- titotito likes this
- knowthesaurus reblogged this from thegreenpapaya and added:
- knowthesaurus likes this
- ashleykirsten likes this
- naguma reblogged this from armaniwithoutthei
- okashikuroda reblogged this from biomarker
- calvinisabadboy reblogged this from nhito
- indigocrayon likes this
- baritonepats reblogged this from armaniwithoutthei
- daughter-of-smoke-and-bone likes this
- biomarker reblogged this from mfnvu and added:
- armaniwithoutthei reblogged this from mfnvu
- biomarker likes this
- deepfriedcoconutbutter likes this
- mfnvu reblogged this from thegreenpapaya
- mfnvu likes this
- itsannalove reblogged this from nh4nvu
- hotearwax reblogged this from thegreenpapaya
- dearcecilia likes this
- monicav likes this
- nhito reblogged this from thegreenpapaya
- drinanightingale likes this
- nh4nvu reblogged this from thegreenpapaya and added:
- jackster likes this
- thegreenpapaya reblogged this from berzerkenny and added:
- berzerkenny posted this